- Our new research for coordinated motor disability and autism published on PLOS ONE.Website
- Collaborator, Dr. Masakazu Ide commented on sensory hyperresponsiveness in ASD for a news topic of NHK broadcasting.
- We will present our research at INSAR 2020 (International Society for Autism Research). (on-demand content, available after June 3rd)
- Our new research published on Front. Neurosci. "GABA Concentration in the Left Ventral Premotor Cortex Associates With Sensory Hyper-Responsiveness in Autism Spectrum Disorders Without Intellectual Disability."Website
- Our new research published on Front. Neurosci. "Neural basis of extremely high temporal sensitivity: Insights from a patient with autism." Website
- Dr. Mrinmoy Chakrabarty will present our research at 12th FENS Forum of Neuroscience (11 - 15 July, 2020)
- Our article about tactile processing in autism is available on Encyclopedia of Autism Spectrum Disorders (Volkmar FR [Ed.]). Website
- A new research published on Journal of autism and developmental disorders. "Altered GABA concentration in brain motor area is associated with the severity of motor disabilities in individuals with autism spectrum disorder." Website
- INSAR2019 program book is now available.
- A symposium for understanding sensory hyper-responsiveness of autism was held on April 20th.
- I started working at Kyorin university (Faculty of Medicine) as Assistant professor.
- Our presentations at International Society for Autism Research (INSAR) has been scheduled!
- A new research published on Scientific Reports Website
- A new research published on Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience Website
- My colleague Dr. Yumi Umesawa had an oral presentation in The 12th annual meeting of The Japanese Society for Motor control (18-20, Aug. 2018)
- will join in The 82nd Annual Convention of the Japanese Psychological Association (27th, Sep. 2018) as a symposist
- Started a project of "Japan Society for the Promotion of Science: Grant-in-Aid for Challenging Exploratory Research" as PI
- Joined in "Light It Up Blue in Tokorozawa" as a staff (World Autism Awareness Week)Website
- Joined in a project of "Japan Society for the Promotion of Science: Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)" as a co-investigator
- A symposium for Developmental Disorders was held at Seibu Tokorozawa (1st, Apr. 2018)Website
- Web site open
I investigate the mechanisms of autism-spectrum disorders(ASD).
■Study of hyper/hyposensitivity in ASD
I am focusing on aberrant sensory processing as a core symptom of ASD.
I use non-human animals as ASD models and for comparative study.
Gene knock-out model mice
I perform translational studies by using CAPS2 gene knock-out mice as an ASD model animal.
Comparative cognitive science by using non-human primates
I have performed a comparative study to elucidate the evolutional origin of human cognition, and performed behavioral pharmacology.